This is a list of links to websites of interest
in the scientific community arranged in alphabetical order. If
you find other links that are relevant to TSUNAMI please let James Orr know.
Biotechnology and Biological
Sciences Research Council
Engineering and Physical Sciences
Economic and Social Research
Medical Research Council
Natural Environment Research
Council for the Central Laboratory
of the Research Councils
- A clickable image map showing most of the UK academic colleges.
- UK Universities
- A clickable image map showing the location of most of the
- A clickable image map of most of the UK research institutions.
Some may have links with UK academic institutions.
Institutions and academic centres
British Antarctic Survey
British Geological Society
CEFAS - Centre for Environment,
Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
Centre for Ecology
Centre for Atmospheric
Science, Cambridge University
- Climate Research Unit,
University of East Anglia
- One of the worlds leading climate analysis centres and a
major source of climate data.
- Climate Impacts
- Funded by DETR the LINK project is the interface between
the international climate research community and the Hadley Centre
for the provision of the results from their climate change experiments.
- IPCC Data Distribution
- Established to support the scientists involved in the Third
Assessment Report of the IPCC. The DDC provides GCM model results,
climate change scenarios, observed climate data and data for
non-climatic baselines and scenarios.
- Environment Centre,
- The Hazards Forum
- Established in 1989 by the four major engineering institutions,
the Institutions of Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical
- It aims to improve the public understanding of risk, while
developing its work on the analysis of hazardous events, dissemination
of lessons learned and the promotion of risk reduction strategies
for both technological and natural disasters.
- Meteorological Office
- The UK national meterological service provider. Also related
is the Hadley Centre who carry out climate research studies.
- Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory
- Royal Meteorological
- A professional organisation for all atmospheric scientists
- UTLS - Upper Troposphere
/ Lower Stratosphere Research Programme
- UTLS is a Natural Environment Research Council programme.
It's funded for 5 yrs and is particularly concerned with research
into ozone in the upper troposphere / lower stratosphere.
- Universities Weather Research Network
Society for Risk Analysis
World Meteorological Organisation